Basic Business Taxation Simplified
Learn how taxes greatly affect business success, how to save on taxes by faithful compliance, and comply by easily developing wide knowledge of various technical tax rules. Equip yourself with sufficient working knowledge of taxation as applied in business setting.
Learn fundamentals of taxation
- Basic concepts on importance of taxation
Learning basic BIR business & reportorial requirements
- BIR annual registrations
- Securing T.I.N. & Certificate of Registration
- Sales Invoices / Official Receipts
- Books of Accounts
- Summary list of sales/purchases
- Tax returns & filing dates (manual or EFPS)
- Change of address
- Transfer of shares & real properties
Withholding tax system and sample applications
- Expanded withholding taxes
- Withholding tax on compensation
- Final withholding taxes
Learning business tax types [VAT & Other Percentage taxes (OPT)]
- Concept of business taxes
- When VAT, when OPT?
- Tax benefits on initial registration (VAT vs. OPT)
- VATable transactions, in general
- VAT Zero-rated transactions & treatments
- VAT application on sales to government
- Common VAT-exempt transactions
- OPT transactions by nature
- Illustrative computations
- Pricing implications of VAT
Learning Common documentary stamp tax (DST) applications and computations
Learning Basic income taxation (individual & corporate)
- What income is taxable and what income tax type is applicable?
- Basic Individual income tax
- Basic Corporate income tax
- Allowable deductions
- Income tax benefits & exempt entities (e.g. BMBE)
- Illustrations on Income Tax Returns (ITR) Preparations
Learning How Tax Assessment Operate & Taxpayer’s Remedies
- Documentation, Sub poena duces tecum, & jeopardy assessment
- Preliminary findings & informal conference
- Preliminary Assessment Notice (PAN)
- Final Assessment Notice (FAN)
- Protest writing illustrations
- Common errors resulting to penalties & assessments
Learning Tax Refunds & TCC
Learning Basic Local Government Taxes (CTC, RPT, & Business Taxes)
Schedule: Seminar workshop runs from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m at Unit 2309 Cityland 10 Tower 1, H.V. Dela Costa St. Cor. Ayala Avenue Makati City. We can also arrange for special group of at least five (5) participants at their own venue.
Package: P4,500 plus VAT per participant – Handouts/Notes and pencils/Journals, Ledgers,& Worksheets/Comprehensive illustrations/ Seminar-Workshop Certificate/ Lunch and snacks – a.m./p.m.. Please bring calculator.
Advocate Tutor: Certified public Accountant (CPA) who has gained much professional experience being in the practice of profession for almost 15 years formerly being with the Tax Division of a law office based in Makati for more than six (6) years as Assistant Tax Manager, and being with a firm as Tax Partner; being with the academe for sometime as a full time College Instructor at Asian Development Foundation College, Tacloban City for 3 years handling taxation and accounting subjects, part-time professor in the College of Accountancy – Polytechnic University of The Philippines, Taguig for about four (4) years handling basic accounting & taxation subjects, as basic accounting teacher at Mapua Institute of Technology – Makati Campus for about 2 years, and a lecturer at some universities in Metro Manila on taxation; and a frequent resource speaker on seminars related to accounting and taxation.
Reservation: At least P2,000 reservation fee to be deposited to BDO Account (Please contact us for account details) & balance on seminar day.
(Post viewed 13929 times)
Who should attend?
Highly recommended for Small & medium business owners, new entrepreneurs, accounting graduates, & interested others.
View Other Programs